Best Way to Exfoliate Your Skin!
Our beautiful natural exfoliating powders. have been developed by our Founder and Herbalist, Lynn Kirkland, and are lovingly hand-mixed together at The Herb Farm to create unique effective exfoliating powders. Exfoliating is an effective way of removing dead skin cells to brighten and improve skin texture to look your best this summer.
We are the first New Zealand skincare company to introduce all exfoliating powders into our ranges, each powder has been developed to suit different skin types and fit into our skincare systems.
They draw on the best nature has to offer with gorgeous herb, fruit and mineral powders which you combine with our range of cleansers to create a customised exfoliating experience.
Exfoliation is an important part of your skincare routine and is included in each of our skincare systems designed to deliver maximum results for your skin health.
Benefits of regular exfoliation include;
- Cleansing the skin of impurities and dead skin cells.
- Increasing circulation of the pores, keeping them clean of pollutants and environmental grime.
- Gentle exfoliation (as our formulas are) will effectively remove the dull, dry surface skin while stimulating healthy tissue giving the skin a radiant glow.
- Exfoliation helps your moisturisers, serums and face oils to penetrate better and be more effective.
We recommend exfoliating once to twice a week and picking the right exfoliant is a key factor in seeing optimum results for your skin. We have made this easy with an exfoliating powder designed especially for each skin type – oily & combination, normal (including sensitive), dry and signs of ageing.
How do I use an exfoliating powder?
Our exfoliating powders are simple to use and you can customise the amount of exfoliation by the amount of powder you add to your cleanser.
- Shake a small amount of your chosen exfoliating powder into the palm of your hand.
- Add a small amount of your chosen cleanser and mix the powder and cleanser together.
- Gently massage into damp skin, focus on any bumpy or congested areas, such as the nose or chin, and avoid the delicate eye area.
- Rinse your skin with warm water and pat dry.
- Spritz your chosen facial toning mist over your skin and then apply your chosen face cream, serum or oil.
- Enjoy the benefits of regular exfoliation!
Our Exfoliating Powder range and key ingredients
Purifying Exfoliating Powder (oily & combination skin) A gentle exfoliating powder with healing ingredients to deeply cleanse your skin leaving a bright and fresh complexion.
Key ingredients include coconut sugar (contains natural AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) to safely remove dead skin cells), manuka honey powder (antiseptic and antibacterial to reduce inflammation and helps with skin problems like acne) and lemon powder (freeze dried from NZ lemons full of Vitamin C for powerful antioxidant effect).
Smoothing Exfoliating Powder(normal & sensitive skin) Deeply cleansing exfoliating powder to promote a fresh, radiant and polished complexion.
Key ingredients include brown rice powder (rich in antioxidants and excellent for sensitive skin), golden kiwifruit powder (rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants to rejuvenate skin and give a healthy glow) and apple powder (rich in Vitamins A, B, C and Malic Acid to stimulate the skin circulation).
Kiwiseed & Zeolite Exfoliating Powder (signs of ageing) A unique blend of powders to create an antioxidant rich exfoliator to promote skin renewal.
Key ingredients include blackcurrant seed powder (wonderful vitamin rich powder restorative for devitalised ageing skin), kiwifruit seed powder (Marlborough grown, dried and milled with natural AHAs to brighten the complexion and improve skin texture) and golden flax fibre (gentle exfoliant which soothes, smoothes and nourishes).
This is a blog post by Sarah Cowan (Managing Director, The Herb Farm)
SHOP THE HERB FARM NOW AT 20% OFF HERE