Choose the Correct Shampoo and Conditioner for Your Hair
It is always a conundrum trying to choose the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair. Your hair and scalp are always changing due to changes in the environment and weather. Pay attention to changes in the environment, your hair might be in need of another shampoo to care for it adequately.
Scalp is like soil to your hair. Healthy scalp grows healthy hair. When choosing a shampoo, always think of your scalp first. Choose a shampoo that suits the current condition of your scalp best, and then choose a conditioner for your hair (especially the ends of your hair).
Guidelines for the Right Shampoo and Conditioner
1. Fine, flat Hair: Volumising shampoo and conditioner are great for fine hair since it will add more texture to your hair.
2. Wavy hair: Hydrating and moisturising shampoo is great for adding moisture, shine and smoothness to hair. Light-weight moisturising conditioner goes great since it will condition your dry ends where your natural oil does not reach.
3. Coarse or curly hair: Moisturising shampoo and conditioner amplifies the moisture in your hair to achieve that natural look.
4. Thick hair: Search for volume-controlling shampoo since you will want volume at the roots.
5. Damaged, weak and brittle hair: strengthening and fortifying shampoo usually contains extra protein such as keratin to improve the hair’s condition.
6. Coloured hair: Look for a shampoo with vitamins E and A to maintain the vibrancy of your hair colour.
7. Oily hair: Clarifying shampoo is the best to remove the buildup of sebum on your hair and scalp. Try tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner for deep cleansing.
8. Sensitive scalp: Find shampoo which is scented-free and with ingredients which are gentler to the scalp.
It is fine to mix and match between shampoos and conditioners. They do not have to belong to the same set. Not everyone has similar scalp and hair conditions. For example, if you have oily scalp but dry hair, it is better to get a clarifying shampoo to cleanse the scalp from extra sebum and a moisturising conditioner to infuse back the lost moisture from your hair.
There are plenty of shampoos and conditioners to suits your needs at TNS Skin Lab. Shop them at https://www.mytnsskinlab.com/categories/hair.html